Love with extravagance.
Live fully.
Laugh out loud….LITERALLY.
Why do we feel the need to sensor ourselves? Specifically
our emotions? I love to love people, with extravagance. Isn’t that what God
calls us to do? First love Him, and love our neighbors? To me love shows up through
an inkling, which may just be the Holy Spirit nudging us; that I immediately
ignore with “common sense”. “No, I shouldn’t drop off the freshly baked banana
bread to my friends’ doorstep. What if they’re home?” Or other excuses like, “I
don’t have time, I’m too busy, What if I get rejected?”
Enough is enough. It’s time to put the million excuses away
and simply follow the command of Loving our neighbors. Be courageous to love
one another!
Lately I’ve been convicted of the negative words that have
been spewing out of my mouth (Eph 4:31-32). Opposite of love right?! It’s been
a constant battle, I’ve asked co-workers, friends, and family to help me banish
the negative and replace it with positives. How do I do this? By loving others.
It’s tough, it’s rough, and some days it’s downright impossible; but, slowly, I’m
working on replacing the hard-heartedness with random acts of kindness, with
leaving notes of encouragement to a co-worker, with LOVING WITHOUT FEAR.
This also means to love myself. In my current sleepy-eyed,
no makeup, hair askew, state. This mama self that I’m getting acquainted to. I’ve
been working on loving this new person that showed up with parenthood (not just
the baby, but me). What have I done for myself? It can be as simple as sipping
coffee, looking through pinterest while my son is asleep (naps are God’s gift
to mamas!), or watching my secret (not so secret now) reality TV. Don’t judge!
It’s mindless and it’s like a train wreck, you just can’t take your eyes away!
It has also shown up by picking up my dusty guitar and jamming out. Or, going
to the gym, not completely because I’m unhappy with my self-image, but mostly
because it’s one hour away from the house with all the chores that are
beckoning me, my family, and something that’s completely selfish.
All this to say that I’m not the queen of love and the warm
fuzzies; far from it! I’m learning to love with purpose, to love God, others,
and myself.
Put steps to your inklings and Love fiercely!
Love bravely.
Love with complete and utter extravagance.
31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. 32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
-Eph. 4:31-32, NLT
Excellent! I love it! I'll try to put feet to my inklings more bravely! Thank you, sister <3 I love you
ReplyDeleteLove YOU!
ReplyDelete